Werksmans is a pre-eminent corporate and commercial law firm in South Africa, a status it strives to maintain each and every day.
We deliver a unique client experience, going far beyond the application of law by partnering with each client and delivering highly specialised attention, focused solutions and the best possible outcome. This disciplined approach has resulted in Werksmans being regarded as one of the most innovative firms in Africa, and beyond.
Ever aware of changing dynamics in the corporate and commercial sphere, we remain at the cutting edge of legal developments across a broad range of industries, through insightful, pragmatic, solution-driven thinking. The above-and-beyond approach we adopt in every matter ensures optimal outcome that position our clients for success.
Our unwavering commitment remains to provide elegant, simple solutions to the most complex of legal matters, and to do it with our clients’ interests at heart. A firm like ours boasts far more than just 100-years of experience and expertise. We have refined success in the corporate and commercial legal environment underpinned by the versatility of the multi-faceted and leading specialists who constitute our team.
A strong supporter of the national transformation agenda, Werksmans is fully committed to transformation and the principles of equal opportunity, inclusivity and diversity; all fundamental to our ongoing success.
This is not just a place where matters are resolved and answers are found. It is a place where new ways of thinking lead to outcomes that raise the bar for excellence. The way we work and the passion which underpins everything we do, sets the standard for legal excellence in the South African Market.
Werksmans has been recognised as a leading advisor in South African corporate and commercial law by a variety of credible international rankings organisations including:
• Best Lawyers International: Werksmans lawyers are recognised in the fields of Antitrust, Arbitration & Mediation, Banking, Capital Markets, Construction, Corporate, Finance, Health Care, Insolvency & Reorganization, International, Litigation, Media, Mergers & Acquisitions, Regulatory, Tax, Trusts and Estates
• Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business: Werksmans is recognised in Banking & Finance, Competition/Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Media & Broadcasting and Tax.
• IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms: Werksmans is recognised in Banking & Project Finance, Capital Markets, Competition and Mergers & Acquisitions.
• Legal 500: The firm is recognised in Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property, Labour and Employment, Mining, Projects and Infrastructure and Tax.
• PLC Which Lawyer: The firm is recommended in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Competition/Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Corporate Real Estate, Dispute Resolution, Energy, Intellectual Property, Labour & Employee Benefits, Outsourcing/IT, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Restructuring & Insolvency, Tax and Telcoms/Media.