From 11 August 2023 companies and organisations processing personal data must comply with Law 18-
07 of 10 June 2018 on the protection of individuals in the processing of personal data (“Law 18-07”).
With the recent publication by the National Authority for the Protection of Personal Data (“ANPDP”) of all
the necessary forms, Law 18-07 is now fully applicable.
Compliance Forms and Guides
The ANPDP has produced a series of essential guides to help companies and organisations comply with
• Processing Declaration Guide – Understand the procedures and requirements for making a
• Authorization Application Guide – Learn how to apply for the necessary authorizations for data
processing and transfer of data outside of Algeria.
• Data Controller’s Guide – This guide is designed for data controllers based in Algeria or abroad,
offering insights into your responsibilities and obligations.
• Guidance on ANPDP Opinion Requests – Get acquainted with the process of seeking an opinion
from the ANPDP.
• Scheduling ANPDP Appointments Guide – Learn how to schedule appointments with the ANPDP
These guides provide detailed information on the steps to be taken to comply with the requirements of the law and to ensure that personal data is adequately protected.
To help you with this compliance process, we recommend that you consult the official ANPDP website
https//anpdp dz/ fr /Accueil
This site is a valuable resource for understanding your obligations under Law 18-07 and for informing you about the data protection rights of individuals.
Article compiled by Rym Loucif of Algerian member firm Loucif & Co. Kindly contact the firm should you require any assistance.